3 days from £189! A Christmas Market school trip is a perfect opportunity to take your students abroad for an excursion with a difference. From the first week of Advent, traditional Christmas Markets fill many Northern European cities with a wonderful and joyful atmosphere, creating an enchanting festive atmosphere.
Brightly coloured market stalls; the glow of fairy lights and candles; the smell of waffles dipped in chocolate and freshly-baked biscuits, create a special Advent atmosphere.
Christmas markets are affordable and are a great way for Students of Language & Culture to practice their skills.
Explore our recommended Christmas Markets for Schools...
Aachen Christmas Markets
With approximately 125 stalls on the squares and streets surrounding the Cathedral and Town Hall the area is transformed into a stunning Christmas City. Germany’s closest Christmas market to the UK, Aachen is best known for Aachen Printen, a kind of ginger bread, potato fritters and marzipan bread.
The Aachen Cathedral is a 'must see' attraction and looks even more spectacular during the Christmas festivities. In addition, Suermondt Ludwig Museum and Couven Museum are popular excursions for school groups.
- Depart early from school and connect with your channel crossing
- Arrive in Aachen and spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure
- In the morning visit Aachen Cathedral, before spending the rest of the day at the Christmas Markets
- Return to your accommodation in the evening
- Spend the morning at leisure before departing for your return journey
- Check in for your return channel crossing
Enquire about this trip
Call our friendly team today on 01273 648 248 or submit your details online below and we'll get back to you soon!
If there is a Christmas Market you are particularly interested in for your next trip and it is not listed please contact us as we can provide you with a tailor-made quotation.