Business & Economics School & College Tours to Brussels
Brussels is the European capital of politics and international business offering numerous educational opportunities for school groups to develop their business knowledge. Students will get an insight into the economic power of the E.U. institutions with guided visits to the European Commission and the Parliament and enjoy a day trip visit to the Diamond Museum in nearby Antwerp. Brussels is an ideal destination for school groups wanting to enhance their understanding of international business and politics.
Business & Economics Excursions
- European Parliament - The European Parliament is the only directly-elected body of the European Union. The 736 Members of the European Parliament are there to represent you, the citizen. They are elected once every five years by voters right across the 27 Member States of the European Union on behalf of its 500 million citizens.
- Council Of the European Union - In 1975 the Council of Europe established a Liaison office to the European Union Institutions in Brussels. Over the years, Council of Europe officials have been co-operating with the European Union Headquarters in a number of areas within their competences.
- NATO - Visit NATO's Headquarters in Brussels to learn about its history and its aims for the future.
- Diamond Museum, Antwerp - The museum is an 'image and sound' museum, a total and unique experience for the senses. Besides looking and listening, you actually find yourself immersed in the fascinating world of this magnificent little stone.
- European Commission - Visit the European Commission to learn about its role in the European Union framework.
- Opportunity for detailed study of European political processes, with tours of the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission
- Study how the European Union compares and contrasts with the British political system
- Opportunities for tours of businesses and industrial plants located in the city
- Witness at first hand the European political system in progress, and learn how its role compares and contrasts with that of the London government
- Learn about the effect that European integration has had on the role of individual member state decision making