History School & College Tours to Strasbourg
Walk through the cobbled streets of Strasbourg’s medieval city centre and soak up the history of the Unesco World Heritage site. Home to some of Europe’s key institutions, Strasbourg is a great base for students studying European history. Groups can venture further afield and visit the Alsacian region to explore the unique history of this conflicted region. A study trip to Strasbourg and the Alsace is a unique experience that allows groups to combine both French and German culture, language and a wealth of history visits.
- Struthof Concentration Camp - The only Concentration Camp in France, used by the Nazis 1941-1944. The camp is dominated by the National Cemetery of Deportation.
- The Maginot Line - A defensive line of concrete fortifications, tank obstacles and machine gun posts constructed by France along its borders with Germany and Italy during WWI.
- Freiburg - Capital of the Black Forest and one of the most attractive cities in Germany.Colmar - Capital of Alsace, the medieval old town is pedestrianised making it a safe environment to visit.
- Chateau du Haut-Koenigsburg - The 12th Century fortress dominated the plain of Alsace, towering 757 metres above sea level.
- Excursions to two significant sites in World War 2 (The Maginot Line; Struthof Concentration Camp)
- Nature and impact of World War 2 in Alsace
- Study the effects of the events of World War 2 in Normandy on the region today
- Witness at first hand the nature and impact of World War 2 on the region and people of Normandy
- Understand and appreciate the scale of twentieth century conflict in the region
- Learn about life and routine of soldiers in Normandy in World War 2