Ideal for Geography students. Top Tip:
Guggenheim Museum - Bilbao. Modern collection, spanning the 20th century and beyond. The titanium clad building was designed by Frank Gehry.
School & College Tours to Cantabria
Cantabria is part of "green Spain", stretching across the northern coast from Santander in the east all the way to Galicia in the west. Miles of unspoilt coastline contrast with lush green forests. The mountainous national park, "Los Picos de Europa" provides a stunning backdrop from which to enjoy this beautiful region.
Groups can visit Bilbao’s Guggenheim Museum, one of the world’s most recognizable buildings, San Sebastian’s beaches or step back in time by spending your day in your picturesque medieval resort village of Santillana del Mar. A tranquil setting for your tour, the village has wonderful cobbled streets and the 12th century collegiate church.
Top 5 Cantabria Excursions
- Santander - The regional capital and an important port, set in a splendid bay.
- San Sebastian - Boasts a fine sandy beach bordered by an elegant promenade.
- “Los Picos de Europa” National Park - Visit the fantastic National Park of Northern Spain, which includes the autonomous communities of Asturias, Cantabria and Castile and León.
- Cuevas de Altamira - Prehistoric caves of great artistic and historic significance.
- Bilbao & Guggenheim Museum - Modern collection, spanning the 20th century and beyond. The titanium clad building was designed by Frank Gehry.