Science & Nature School & College Tours to Geneva
Geneva is home to the world’s biggest and most respected scientific centre, the CERN, which can be visited by school groups. It will give students an insight into the complex research methods used by the scientists and the history of this hugely important research centre. Geneva is also a fantastic base to explore the nearby French Alps which offer visits of strikingly stunning natural beauty from the mountains, to lakes and gorges. Take your students out of the classroom to discover and learn about one of the most exciting and educational study tours for science school groups.
Science & Nature Excursions
- CERN - Have a guided tour of the the world's biggest scientific research centre and learn about its history and experimental projects.
- History of Science Museum - An excellent display case of the city’s scientific past, which was particularly outstanding in the 18th century.
- Chamonix- Experience the incredible Montenvers train and Ice Grotto on the Mer de Glace Glacier and stand on the Aiguille du Midi from where you can see all the French, Italian and Swiss Alps!
- Nuclear fuels and renewable energy sources Nuclear energy and its basis for the production of electricity in the modern world
- Applications of nuclear energy and the ethical, social, economic and environmental issues that they raise
- Undertake a hands on tour of the European Nuclear Research Centre
- Learn about nuclear fission and nuclear energy through a guided programme of study, activity and tour