History School & College Tours to Turkey
Turkey is famous for its outstanding Classical heritage but offers an incredible amount of history excursions to school groups. Equity is now offering a World War I Gallipoli Battlefields Tour, an emotional journey through the Gallipoli Campaign, a WWI joint British and French operation that aimed to secure a sea route to Russia. Groups will be able to combine visits to the battlefields with excursions to some of Turkey’s main historical sites such as Troy and Istanbul.
- Topkapi Palace - built in 1453 by Fatih Sultan Mehmet, the Palace was used as the Ottoman residence for almost 400 years
- Gallipoli - The Gallipoli Peninsula was the scene of one of the most notorious military campaigns of World War I
- Aphrodisias -a cultural centre, renowned for sculpture Bursa, the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire and the birthplace of modern Turkish culture
- Lenin's Tomb - visit the final resting place of Vladimir Lenin in Red Square.
- Cruiser Aurora - this ship turned museum is docked in St Petersburg.
- Blockade of St Petersburg - discover the suffering and heroism of the Siege of Leningrad.
- Study in detail and experience the tragedy of the Dardanelles campaign in World War 1
- Visit the Battlefields, cemeteries and war memorials dedicated to the Great War campaigns
- Experience first hand the emotion and drama of Gallipoli and its consequences for the progress and outcome of the war
- Be moved by witnessing for themselves the scale of loss of life through visits to war cemeteries
- Understand and appreciate the conditions in which soldiers fought
- Learn about the nature, events and impact of World War 1