History School & College Tours to Washington DC
A study tour to Washington DC will give students an insight into the political power seat of the United States. Groups will be able to visit some of the US’s main historical sites including George Washington’s Mount Vernon, White House, the Lincoln Museum and Ford’s theatre where Lincoln was assassinated. In the Arlington National Cemetery, pupils will have an emotional tour as they learn the touching stories of the Vietnam Veterans and visit the World War II Memorials.
- Museum of American History - Exploring themes in American history and culture from the War of Independence to the present day.
- Smithsonian Institute - Vast research and educational institution including the castle, galleries and museums.
- U.S Holocaust Museum - Depicting events during the Nazi rule in Germany 1933-1945.
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon - Home of George and Martha Washington from 1759-1799.
- Arlington National Cemetery - 612 acres containing 245,000 graves.
- Ford’s Theatre - Site of Lincoln’s assassination where they perform traditional Americana productions
- Williamsburg and Gettysburg - Educate your students at these historic infantry regiment sites.