Food for Thought Study Courses
Many years ago now, we had the revolutionary idea of sending British children to France to learn some of the secrets of French Cuisine. The success of these courses encouraged us to extend our programme and we now offer our Food for Thought courses to a variety of destinations, from France, Italy and Spain to Austria, China and India.
- Learn about the impact and effect of using a range of different equipment to produce food items of quality and consistency.
- Explore how quality control checks are used to produce consistent food products on a commercial scale.
- Develop an awareness of current commercial/industrial processes of food production.
- Learn about methods of food processing and preservation
- Witness and consider health, safety and quality control in all its aspects.
- Language interaction during cookery demonstrations (although we do provide an interpreter)
- Food related visits
- Market visits
- Study food and drink production and shopping.
- Food preparation
- Eating traditions
Our courses include:
- Cookery demonstrations
- A programme of food-related visits
- Course books (France, Italy and Spain)
- Bilingual Course Co-ordinator (France, Italy and Spain)
Discover our Food For Thought destinations below: