Language & Culture school trips to Loire Valley
Considered the cradle of the French language, we believe there is no better place to practice French language skills than with a trip to the Loire Valley. There’s plenty to do in the area that will encourage your students to use their language skills in everyday settings. An excursion to Futuroscope, an interactive multi-media theme park offers 3 and 4D cinemas while a visit to Château de Chenonceau provides a deeper understanding to 15th century history in a stunning setting. With opportunities to develop linguistic skills on a Language and Culture trip to the Loire Valley you can also explore why this region is known as ‘the Garden of France.’
- Leave school, travel to Calais, journey to Loire Valley
- Check in to your Loire Valley accommodation
- Morning visit to Chenonceau Chateau
- Packed Lunch
- Afternoon visit to Clos Luce- a Leonard da Vinci residence and museum housing some of Leonardo's machines
- Evening meal and second night in your Loire Valley accommodation
- Market Visit in Tours (or similar)
- Packed Lunch
- Visit Cabri au Lait Goats, Herbs & Medicinal Plants’ farm
- Visit Ethini’cite Troglodyte town in Loches
- Visit Le Musée du Champignon (Mushroom farm)
- Evening meal and last night in your Loire Valley accommodation
Travel to Paris
- Check-out of your Loire Valley accommodation and journey to Paris
- Packed Lunch
- Arrive Paris, Bateaux Parisiens boat trip
- Free time around the Eiffel Tower
- Evening meal in a Paris restaurant near to Montmartre
- Free time around Montmartre
- Check into your Paris accommodation
- Full day at Disneyland Paris
- Meal voucher for evening meal
- Late evening departure, journey back to Calais and back to school
Arrival back at school
- Arrival back at school
- 3* Superior Hotel
- Located just 500 metres from the Futuroscope Theme Park
With multiple locations to choose from schools can pick the location closest to their excursions.
Location: 15 minutes from the town of Poiters.
Facilities: The hotel features excellent facilities for schools.
Accommodation: Adjoining rooms for groups, available with en-suite bathroom facilities.
Quick Tip: This is just a small sample of possible accommodations available. Please contact us for more information.
Subject Specific Excursions
Chateau de Chenonceau
Visit this beautiful chateau which is rich in history from it's inception in 1412 where it has housed countless royalty and dignitaries, to its use as a hospital during World War I to an escape from the Nazis in WW2.
Caves at Savonnières
Once quarries now a natural curiosity of stalegtites and stalagmites these are known as 'the petrifying caves'.
This is a fantastic theme park based on multi media, cinematographic and audio visual thechniques with 3 and 4D cinemas, attractions and shows.
Quick Tip: If you have an excursion in mind which you don't see listed, please get in touch so we can do our best to arrange it for you!