Tips for Children
We provide the following useful information for parents and children to read before the start of their school trip.
- Continental traffic comes from the left so be very careful to LOOK BOTH WAYS. Do not walk into the road after checking right only. Oncoming vehicles will come from the left.
- Listen carefully to instructions and ask for clarification if necessary.
- Make sure you keep appointments to meet up with the group at the correct time and place.
- No smoking or drinking alcohol without the express permission of a teacher.
- Follow all instructions from teachers and those in authority. Failure to do so may endanger yourself and others. Never act recklessly or you may cause an accident.
- Report any injuries or illnesses immediately to your teachers who will provide first aid or arrange medical attention.
- Do not stray or wander away from your group.
- Do not go swimming without permission.
- At refreshment stops, stay close to the party leaders and do not wander around the car park or near the road.
- On the ferry, listen to safety instructions and never visit outside decks without permission. Take note of where staff will be seated throughout the voyage and of agreed meeting places. Stay in groups of 3 or 4. Staff will take turns to make regular tours of the ferry.
- Respect the hotel rules and be polite to each other and other visitors. Keep noise down especially after 11 pm. Do not run along corridors and round blind corners. Do not socialise in bedrooms; a lounge is available.
- Do not use bad language. This gives a bad impression of your school and of British students. Most people understand English.
- Luggage should be restricted to one medium sized suitcase and one small bag for hand luggage.
- Do not overpack. Apart from a camera, do not bring valuables and jewellery. Comfortable and loose fitting clothes are best. Make sure all luggage is correctly labelled.
- Always have with you the hotel telephone number and any emergency contact numbers.
- Never explore on your own.
- Know the fire drills.
General - Personal medication, travel sickness pills, inhalers, suncream, sunglasses, camera and film, toiletries, night clothes, tracksuit, jumper. For the Journey – Games, puzzles and books, personal stereo.
Daily Check – Any medication, sunglasses, camera, money, packed lunch.