Safety Management System
The health and safety of our groups is of great importance to us and we use our safety management system to promote safety awareness to our suppliers and staff.
Our SMS lays out our commitment to safety when organising our operations. This is achieved in part through our supplier audits, which are regularly completed to School Travel Forum guidelines to make sure that our transport, hotel and excursion suppliers are in line with national safety standards and are appropriately documented.
We're aware of the challenges party leaders face when running educational tours, so to ensure your trip is as safe as possible, we are happy to support you with Health & Safety information to deal with any safety planning queries you may have. We recommended you read through the resources below, or contact us if you have any questions...
School Travel Forum & Learning Outside the Classroom.
We are an assured member of the School Travel Forum (STF), which means Equity has been acknowledged as a leading school tour operator, promoting safety and good practice in school travel. The STF is widely acknowledged as the authority on school travel and our membership means that we adhere to a rigorous Code of Practice and Safety Management Standards which are verified each year. Membership of the STF is essential for all school travel organisers.
Equity has also been awarded STF's 'Learning Outside the Classroom' Quality Badge which means we have demonstrated a commitment to supplying tours and trips of educational value. The LOtC badge enables schools and youth groups to have confidence that the services offered by Equity provide maximum support and minimal paperwork.
Equity is also an assured member of ABTA & ATOL, and offers IATA protection.
For more information about the benefits that our memberships provide for Equity groups, please click here >>
- Download our STF Certificate
- Download our LoTC Certificate
- View the ABTA Checklist for Disabled and Less Mobile Passengers >>
24 Hour Support
Equity does as much as is possible to ensure your trip goes to plan, but should the unexpected happen, we have the knowledge and the resources to resolve any issues.
We operate a Duty Office on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Duty Office is staffed by an experienced team who have full details of your tour and can deal efficiently with any problems.
Our coach operators are well established and reliable, whether chosen by us or supplied by trusted agents. All undergo an audit to make sure they provide a high standard of vehicles and drivers, which are both trustworthy and safe. Seat belts are available on all UK coaches, but this is not always the case on overseas coaches. We do however try to employ coaches with seatbelts whenever we can. Audits are carried out in accordance with standards set by the School Travel Forum.
We do our very best to choose properties which are suited to school group accommodation and audits are carried out on all the properties featured on this website. These cover all essential safety concerns, such as food hygiene, fire and pool safety, and security. The audits are carried out in accordance with standards set by the School Travel Forum.
Until further notice, we have put in place specific procedures for the safety of all our groups and as part of our normal business operations. Typically, these procedures may include but are not limited to:
- • Social distancing measures (currently 2m in England but this varies from country to country); distancing can be for example in guest dining areas with one-way systems and use of a same seat policy throughout trips.
- • Personal hygiene measures encouraged for staff and guests throughout their trip i.e. frequent washing of hands and/or use of numerous hand sanitisers in key locations and touch points, luggage handling procedures and single use headsets.
- • Effective sanitisation measures and regular sanitising of hand touch points and luggage, sanitisation confirmation stickers, contactless payments, contactless or off-site check-in/out points.
- • Cleaning and disinfection measures for guest accommodation, coach cabins and seating areas which are cleaned with effective COVID-19 chemicals.
- • PPE (personal protective equipment) measures will be provided by Equity and face masks to be worn within accommodation areas, onboard flights, public transport and coach hire are essential.
- • Limited capacity/attendee measures at public gatherings and in enclosed spaces.
- • Health check measures procedures in place on-site to regularly symptom/temperature check guests and staff with possible isolation/quarantine measures in place for any suspected infection.
Please refer to our Health & Safety booklet for more information.
We hope the information above answers all your questions, but if there is anything else we can help you with contact us online to ask a question or call 01273 648 248 and we will be happy to help!